Wednesday, September 24, 2008

filter this

It's pretty incredible really. Even as I wrote that post last night, I didn't actually believe the other truck could possibly break down today - although having Croc 2 as the fallback vehicle didn't instill a whole lot of confidence. Needless to say, I'm now quite convinced that jinxes exist and I will never think or say bad things about anything or anyone. Two days, two fuel filter problems, three repair shops, and one guy (me) who keeps "mocking" the trucks. When will I learn.

Yes, hell hath no fury like a woman or Crocs truck scorned. And I most certainly would have experienced double trouble if I hadn't made it for my flight out of Salt Lake City to see Whitney for the wedding this weekend.

I must say, however, that while this was quite an unfortunate jaunt across the country, I was rather lucky amidst the turmoil. Consider that I was near a town with a repair shop each time the the trucks broke down, particularly today when Rock Springs, WY is surrounded by nothing 50 miles in every direction. Or that we pulled into the truck repair this afternoon a half hour before they closed. Or that while the mechanics seemed to have no idea how to fix it, we were able to tell them what to do because it was the same problem with both trucks, which allowed them to fix it in an hour and not wait until the morning, resulting in drastic plan changes being averted. So while I didn't know it was possible, I was simultaneously lucky and unlucky today.

I am not even going to touch discussing my flight tomorrow.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Yeah, I'm glad you guys got back on the road quick or we would have been switching trucks with you again so you could drive into the night to catch your flight. In other news, the Howard Johnson was definitely a 1 star, but the beds weren't bad. And I just got us a 4 star in Reno for $55 a night tonight!

Connie D. said...

And if you have have the good fortune to drive through Rock Springs again, they do have a Starbucks that used to be horrible, but is now quite good!