Friday, September 5, 2008

life on the rail

I can't explain the pleasure I get out of riding the M Car. It's a trolley that goes from downtown Dallas to uptown Dallas, an area in which I (we) would love to reside. If all goes according to plan, which rarely happens, but if it does, I would be able to take the M Car to work everyday!

Let me paint a picture for you, which I realize isn't quite as dramatic when there are two real pictures above. The M Car is exactly the same as those of the legendary San Francisco cable car contingent, in fact one of the cars actually came from the City by the Bay. And by exactly the same, I mean except for the sea air...and the life-threatening hills...and the views of the bay...and the long lines...and the $3.00 fee each way...and the throngs of tourists with cameras in your lap...and the Rice-a-Roni, but outside of that it's strikingly similar. Overall, I will ride the trolley four times today, but I'm still left yearning for more - here's hoping it will become a daily occurrence.

1 comment:

Marissa DeMercurio said...

You underestimated the cost of a cable car ride: it's $5 each direction.