Thursday, September 4, 2008

room with a view

Today I flew from our Nation's capitol to the capitol of the Republic - Dallas, TX. Technically speaking Texas isn't a sovereign nation, but I have a feeling it would be if they got their way. It will be my future home and I am very much looking forward to it, did you know everything is bigger there? The can of soda I drank on the plane turned into a 2-litre when we crossed the border. I'm kidding, of course, because I didn't drink a can of soda on the plane. I didn't drink anything on the plane because US Airways charges for all drinks - even water! Really? The $320 for my plane ticket not only didn't cover my single checked bag ($15 and another $15 on the return flight), but wouldn't cover a few drops of tepid water? Our current economy is awesome!

Nevertheless, I took this photo after I boarded and was sitting at the gate. I looked out and saw the Washington Monument staring back at me. There aren't many airports where you can see spectacular sights from the (un)comfort of your seat.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Continental Airlines is apparently the way to go.