Tuesday, September 9, 2008

capitol assortment

There were a few other random things I wanted to comment about today:

  • I have often wanted a DVD player on the elipticle or treadmill in the past when I was forced to move a workout indoors. I've spent a couple hours at a time on both types of machines and a DVD would have made the time go by a little faster than watching Maury Povich and Sportscenter for the 43rd time.
  • Although I own a Mac and really like it, I don't think of myself as a "Mac" person. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a new computer, but I don't think Macs are without some flaws and it annoys me what most Mac users think of PC users. I did think it was pretty funny this afternoon, however, when Adam was using his iPhone to find out how to restore his crashed PC.
  • How does one get into rowing? Do you have to own the boat and recruit five other people and someone who yells at you? It seems a rather elitist sport, but I would certianly like to try it sometime. Just need that boat...
  • There is a door on the second floor of this building, except the balcony seems to have disappeared. That would be a rough start to work in the morning.
  • Molly bought cupcakes for Adam's birthday today, a veritable pantheon of flavors: (left to right) red velvet cake/cream cheese frosting, lemon cake/lemon frosting, vanilla cake/vanilla frosting, vanilla cake/chocolate fudge frosting, chocolate cake/coffee frosting, and apple cinnamon cake/carmel apple frosting - and glasses of cold milk!

4 comments:

IronGambit said...

Well you will have myself, Devin, and Nick from Golf this weekend. Just add yourself plus Adam and we got ourselves a team ;)

Marissa DeMercurio said...

Chocolate/ coffee cupcake... count me in

Connie D. said...

We have a new cupcake store in FC. They are $2.75 to $3 each, which seems pricey because they aren't that big. However, maybe they are really good. Haven't tried one, only gotten them as gifts twice.

Also, if you get used to just listening to your Ipod and not watching TV on the elliptical that really helps. I should know after having spent countless hours on Saturday mornings at the health club when there is absolutely NOTHING on TV!!

Anonymous said...

Nate, Fort Collins actually has a rowing club that welcomes newcomers to try it out. They row up on the lake at Horsetooth reservoir - Dad