Sunday, September 14, 2008

sweating patriotism

Today was hot. And humid.

These race days always seem to come earlier than I even think is possible. Rolling over to see 4:30am on the clock when my alarm goes off is, quite literally, a rude awakening. The Nation's Triathlon this weekend, while one of the poorest organized events I've seen, ended in a beautiful way today. Here are a few random pictures I thought looked descriptive enough:

Twice today, in two completely different locations, I found myself walking down the street, looking up, and seeing the US Capitol Building dead ahead. Those things don't happen anywhere else. I've been allowed access to some amazing locations through this job, setting up at the Georgia Dome, Central Park, and Copper Mountain Village to name a few, but being able to stand at our booth and see the capitol was pretty special. We weren't on the steps or anything, but it was a unique experience and the end to a great stay in DC.

Tomorrow, another new location.