Friday, September 19, 2008

real food for real guys

It's not everyday you can see one of your favorite TV shows being recorded live. Today I boarded the Battleship New Jersey to watch Mike and Mike in the Morning on ESPN Radio (technically TV and radio show) overlooking beautiful downtown Philadelphia. I took a cab over the bridge into the Garden State and boarded the ship around 7am.

There was a decent crowd already watching and I took a seat and started taking pictures.

It was actually a lot of fun, Mike and Mike were very funny as usual and it was a gorgeous morning. I will have to drag Whitney with me if they ever go to Dallas in the future. It was amazing how fast people mobbed them for autographs and pictures when they cut to commercial breaks.

I went around the side to get a slightly closer view and after Greenie gave the command to fire a salutatory gun of the side of the ship, I departed back across the river. A unique, coincidental experience and I'm glad I woke up early to take advantage of it.

No comments: