Sunday, September 7, 2008

a pigskin kind of day

Yesterday consisted of sleeping in and watching college football all day - luxuries I am sorely going to miss this season being on the road for work. OU made us proud for the first three quarters against a slightly favored, third ranked, Goliath Ohio State team. I thought OU actually outplayed them, or at least controlled the game, until the fatal dropped kick. I guess that's what makes the good teams good - capitalizing on mistakes. I can't be too disappointed when OU turned the ball over five times, it would be hard to do that and win against SE Missouri A&M Tech, let alone the Buckeyes. At least the Bobcats received, and will receive, a ton of good press even in a losing effort - a win-win for everyone! (except we actually did lose)

While watching College Game Day and all the games on ESPN during the day, I found something incredibly cool and innovative. EA Sports had commercials co-advertising the upcoming Miami-Florida showcase game and their video game EA NCAA Football 2009. They featured "highlights" from a simulated game between the two teams, something I look forward to seeing all season with ESPN's features game. It's ultimately relevant and customizable adverstising, and I would imagine it's fairly easy for them to produce each week. On top of that, the video games look so unbelievably life-like, it caught me off-guard at points. I also noticed on a few previews NFL Countdown will feature life size, computer generated players on the studio field to help illustrate Chris Berman's nick-naming ability. Actually I am looking forward to seeing this instead of the past process in which former players and old former coaches line up and act out slo-mo plays exactly the way it will happen on the field - yeeeaaaahhh...

1 comment:

Adam said...

Well, Ohio State will be paying their dues very shortly against USC.