Thursday, October 9, 2008

raked over the coals

I had planned this elaborate post tonight on the Weber Grill because of their exquisite black bean and skirt steak chili. I called this afternoon to check the identity of their "Chili of the Day" and, much to my surprise and elation, it happened to be one and the same. I called back two minutes later to make a reservation, asking specifically, "Is the chili this afternoon going to be that same tonight?" Answer: "Yes."

I'm sure you can gather by my tone that this was, in fact, horrifyingly incorrect. The Weber Grill doesn't serve chili at night - curses! Nevertheless, I got over it in time to eat an entire delicious plate of barbecue meat. Three different types, to be precise - meatloaf, brisket and ribs. It's still a phenomenal restaurant and I will gladly go back to try again when the stars align on a day with black bean chili. And when my time eventually comes, I also yearn to be bronzed while grilling meat.

The coolest part is that the Weber Grill is actually in our hotel. The only thing that would make it better is my dream elevator with a grill button in which to elevators opens directly in front of a waiting table, complete with their delectable pretzel rolls and a cool glass of sangria.

Until then, we will have to walk the ten steps from the elevator to the restaurant and I will have to continue calling each day for a chili update. It's not quite as volatile as the stock market, but it's darn close. Next up (hopefully): deep dish pizza.

1 comment:

Connie D. said...

Don't forget the carmel corn at Garrett's!! You won't be disappointed, I promise!