Tuesday, October 21, 2008

in the pitts

I saw this restaurant today, close to the surprisingly interesting University of Pittsburgh:

That's right, Joe Mama's, which made me think of my mama, who constantly uses that name in various jokes. It was one of a myriad of dining options adjacent to Pitt's architecturally rich campus. I never thought anything of the University of Pittsburgh, but much to my surprise, there was an abundance of fantastically old school buildings and ornately designed churches, centered around a fusion of both - the Cathedral of Learning.

It's 42 stories tall and was originally built to inspire learning. I obviously didn't take the picture above, nor did I take any other pictures because I didn't think my phone-camera would do much justice. The Pitt campus was literally across the street from Carnegie Mellon, where I'm sure I'm not even smart enough to figure out a way in to of any of the buildings.

Tonight, a lucrative business idea has captured my interest: Alpaca farming. All the info is conveniently available at AlpacaInfo.com of course, I suggest you don't miss this once in a life time opportunity - after all, who could resist these cute little fellas? Buy the DVD, Alpacas: A rewarding lifestyle, for just $19.95. After seeing the TV ad I thought, "All I need is a few Alpacas and I will never have to work another day in my life!"

Also, my football teams lost by a collective score 104-33 of this week (Rams 49-16, Broncos 41-7, Bobcats 14-10). Wow, I'm so proud.

1 comment:

Connie D. said...

Jo mama can't wait to see you!!