Thursday, October 30, 2008

pom-mania

Look, pomegranates are hot right now. The flavor, the fruit, it's all very trendy and awkwardly sour-yet-delicious tasting. But here's a new one:

Iced coffee from POM, the original pomegranate juice maker. At least when you go to the website they don't try to hide anything:

My question is this - what could possibly make a company specializing in fruit juice want to make iced coffee? That's like ESPN televising a spelling bee or Crocs making high-heeled shoes. It's flat out bonkers. But I suppose if your brand is hot, why not try ice? Ironically, I turned the corner after seeing the iced coffee sign and this fell into my lap:

I just couldn't escape it. Perhaps I should wash down some of this delicious New York pizza from Rosa's with a cool glass of POM.

And if I don't finish the pizza? Eat it cold for breakfast the next morning with a POM iced coffee...oh, now I see!

1 comment:

Connie D. said...

How come you didn't get pasta on your pizza? Remember, it's New York!!