Sunday, October 5, 2008

crisis averted

This weekend proved to be a bit of a whirlwind after arriving late, juggling work and family time, and retracing our steps back to Elko, Nevada at 1am tonight (for those of you counting, that's 50 miles from Wells). I was also without internet the entire weekend, although time wouldn't have permitted blogging anyway, but being back on the road affords me a few short seconds to write.

I was nearly heartbroken this afternoon, driving past In-n-Out Burger after In-n-Out Burger on 880 as we guided the Crocs Pleasure Cruiser past my Dad's old 'hood. Never fear, however, as Reno provided us with one last bastion of meaty goodness before heading back east for an extended period of time.

Simply delicious. This most likely began a week of rather unhealthy eating with the Land of Pizza on the horizon. I can justify it a little more now since I am back to being able to run a few miles. I thought this New Balance sign today was humorous and very appropriate for my current situation.

We'll see what happens, there might be a tempting little half-marathon in the Motor City coming up in a couple weeks, hmmm.....

1 comment:

Connie D. said...

1. I'm really jealous about the In-N-Out Burger

2. Don't forget about Garrett's carmelcorn on Michigan Ave. You won't be sorry and don't wait until the weekend because the line will be out the door.

3. If you have good luck at Motor City, I know someone who would love to run some miles with you the following weekend!!