Thursday, February 23, 2012

chasing the king

I was going to post about the "I (heart) Burger King" bumper sticker I saw whilst driving today. I was stopped at a light thinking, "This person really must have a strong affinity for Burger King to put a sticker on their car. I don't think I've ever SEEN a Burger King bumper sticker before. It's ironic there is a Burger King on our right at this exact moment, but I'm in the center lane going past it and this person couldn't have just eaten there so they had to have gotten it from another Burger King. Do they have stickers at that Burger King? Maybe they work at Burger King?" I also like to pretend I was thinking about this in Jim Gaffigan's Voice.

As the light changed I thought, "I should pull out my phone to take a picture so I can blog about how odd it is to be so devoted to Burger King that you'd put a sticker on your car so as to pronounce this devotion to everyone." I took out my phone and had it at the ready to take a close up of the sticker at the next red light....only I (we) never hit one. It was honestly one of the greatest green light streaks I've ever had, and certainly the most ironic green light streak I've ever had.

No comments: